Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hello, again!

Alright. I'll admit it. I've been a terrible blogger for, oh, the last 6 months. But, man oh man, have we been busy!

I guess I'll start with where we are today, and work my way backwards. That way at least I can remember what's going on right now and at least get that right!

-------------------

For starters, we are 17 days and 4 days pregnant with out third child! (Baby: please don't judge me too harshly in the future when you realize that I haven't taken as many pictures, or written every single detail about your pregnancy so far. I love you just as much as the other two, but I have been overwhelmed this year and blogging has been put on the backburner).

We found out on December 29, 2012 that we were expecting Baby G #3. We started trying that month, not expecting anything since the other two kiddos took 3 months. Sometimes the first time's the charm, I guess! I found out 2 days after Clarie flew back to Arizona, which happened to be 9 days before I missed anything (very strange). I was having major headaches, my boobs hurt (TMI?), and I just had a feeling that I was pregnant. 

I didn't start feeling sick until about week 5. I have to say that I wasn't expecting that at all! I remember the drop-dead exhaustion from my other two pregnancies, but this was different. I was totally incapacitated on the couch, and was sick more in one day than with both other pregnancies combined. Not. fun.

I have fallen asleep in some strange places, too; like the driveway, a few parking lots of different grocery stores, and friends homes. I remember having to go and buy Aubrie's birthday cake a few weeks ago, and I fell asleep in the parking lot for 45 minutes before even making it into the store! I just couldn't even force myself to open the door handle to the van, I was that tired.

The nausea seems to have lessened quite a bit in the last week, though. Dr. Scott gave me a prescription for the nausea, and it has helped on several occasions! I still have a strange taste in my mouth most of the time, but it seems to be getting better, as well. I tend to eat a lot of vegetables and potatoes since they don't leave much of a taste. I have not been interested hardly at all in sweet things, which is nice, since I've only gained 6 or 7 pounds total so far.

We are scheduled to go in for our gender ultrasound in a week, and we are very excited! We are actually not going to find out right away, though. My Mom is in Italy right now (so cool, right?!), and we wanted to reveal the gender when she was back in the USA. So we're going to have a gender reveal party to announce to everyone (even us!) the gender! We're really excited!!! We figure that we're not strong enough to wait until the birth to find out, and this might be our last baby, so we're just going to be surprised together with the family all at once!

One last thing about this pregnancy so far... I'm sure that it's just one baby, but there have been many symptoms that have suggested twins! Finding out so early, the extreme exhaustion and nauseasness, how large my stomach is (I'm HUGE for 17 weeks!!), feeling the baby move so early (I started at 14 weeks), etc. I guess we'll find out for sure in a week!

There aren't that many pictures of me pregnant this time around. This one was taken Feb 19, 2013, which would put me at only 10 weeks pregnant. I'll get better at taking a weekly picture.

1 comment:

M & M said...

Wow! Twins...wouldn't that be crazy???