Saturday, May 17, 2014

I'm Staying Home!!!!!!!

Chris and I have come to the decision that I'll be staying home again next year! There are several reasons for this decision, but the main reason is for me to be with my amazing kiddos!!!

Evan will be in the first grade (crazy), but Aubrie still has one one more year before going to kindergarten and I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. Also, childcare is SUPER-DUPER expensive!!! We've been doing the math, and I actually have the potential to keep more of my money by staying at home!

Some of our options for income are 1) my cookie business, 2) Chris has been offered a job at the church conducting the orchestra that almost supplements all of what I keep from my paycheck now (!), 3) I'm working on teaching a homeschool music class for elementary age students, and 4) possible masterclasses for Chris' school, if I can take Aubrie and Elise with me.

It's a bit scary, and we'll have to really buckle down on our spending and make sure we don't go crazy, but I think it's going to work! I haven't really wanted to think about it too much, in case it didn't work out and I ended up going back next year. But I've committed to it, and am getting very excited! 

Our household is going to run so much more smoothly with me at home. I'm not saying that the house will be clean every day, or that there won't be craziness. But we won't feel so rushed all of the time, and we'll actually get to spend time with the kids and put the effort into our family instead of the few hundred dollars that go into our savings account each month.

Haha, I already have a list of projects to work on around the house, so summer vacation needs to arrive quickly!

No comments: