Thursday, June 30, 2011

Before & After

First of all, I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as often lately. Since having my second child, it's harder to make time to blog. I have all of these ideas floating around inside my head, but haven't actually had the time to sit down and write them out. Either that, or I forget what I'm going to write about the second that I sit down to do it! Oh, the life of a busy Mom...

When Aubrie was born, we decided not to repaint her bedroom. I had already painted it a pretty orange color, and we just decided to use what we had and save some money. We bought plain colored bedding, hung up pictures that we already owned, and bought a beautiful mobile from Etsy. Her room was cute, but lately I've had the bug to really turn it into a girls' room. Aubrie is such a little girl; meaning she loves helping me pick out her clothes (already!), loves accessories (gets very excited when I walk into stores like Claire's), shoes, etc. She's still tough like her brother, but she's definitely going to be into girly things. So, why not have a room to match her personality!

Chris got to stay in his pajamas all day yesterday and play with the kids, while I was upstairs painting the room. I think it turned out great! I still want to add a pink stripe around the top of the room, and will maybe change the crib bedding (after our Utah trip) to pink. Aubrie actually started making the famous "oooohhhhh" sound that Evan used to make as a baby when she saw the curtains and pompoms above her bed. I'm glad she likes it, and I had a blast painting it and being creative!

Before (minus the pink curtains. There were brown curtains in before I took the picture, but I moved them to our bedroom to keep out the morning light).



After:




No comments: