Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cookies by Kim

I know I'm pretty crazy, y'all, there's no need to mention it. I'm known for taking on more than I can chew, but still trying to do it all, and do it well (even if it kills me!). Nothing more can be said about my latest venture.

Back at Christmastime (which I still need to post pictures from!), Chris and I decided that I would put a post on Facebook offering people the chance to purchase Christmas cookies for Santa. In my mind, I would take orders during the week, bake all weekend, and have cookies ready for Christmas Eve when Santa would arrive. Everyone would be happy, and I'd have some extra money, which is always nice. :) Little did I know how big it was going to get!

I made almost 30 dozen cookies during that 2 week time span! Since then I have come up with a logo, Facebook page, and had lots of orders to keep me busy! I made almost 15 dozen cookies in January alone, and have another 9 to make this weekend just for Valentine's Day! I've got parties booked up until June already, too! 

I'll let you all in on a little secret... I'm secretly hoping that this will take off and I'll be able to use it to somehow spend more time with my family. Maybe it will allow me to take a half-time music position in Klein, or stay home all-together (have I mentioned how expensive childcare is???????) with cookie money supplementing our savings account.

I know that God has a perfect plan for my life, and He hasn't led me astray so far, so I guess I'll just have to trust that He led me down this path at this time in my life for a reason. Now it's my job to work as hard as I can and see where it takes me!

Here are just some of what I've done in the past month and a half. 














2 comments:

M & M said...

absolutely incredible! you are so talented!

Kim Gonzales said...

Thanks, Margaret! I'm having so much fun being creative and learning new things!