Friday, September 26, 2014

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"


Isn't he adorable?! Evan FINALLY lost his other front tooth! This is his fourth tooth to lose, and I think he is just so handsome with that big gap in his teeth!!

Evan is very scared of pulling his teeth, so he waits until the tooth is so loose that it just falls out each time. We're lucky that he hasn't swallowed any yet! This time, it was so loose that I couldn't take it anymore. He was talking funny because he was keeping his lips around the tooth to keep it from falling out, the tooth was visibly longer than the teeth around it, and it would wiggle when he would talk! It was seriously grossing me out. I couldn't take it anymore, and asked him if I could try to pull it. He wouldn't let me anywhere near it with my hands. So while sitting on the couch, I asked him if I could see how loose it was. I held my hands up so that he would trust me not to touch it, and then he proceeded to twist it all the way around with his tongue (gross, right?!). Then it just popped out of his mouth!!!!! 

I have to say that I was happy that it didn't fall out in his bed like the last tooth, or that he didn't swallow it (he tried to talk me into "looking" for his tooth if he ever swallowed it... yeah, that ain't happening). :) 

I actually started to get emotional when this tooth fell out. I guess I hadn't thought about it much before, but I remember when he GOT those teeth! Now he's big enough for them to fall out and for him to get "grown up" teeth. That's just crazy to me. But I feel like I've been saying that the entire time I've been a parent. Now he's in first grade, Aubrie starts kindergarten next year, and the baby is already one year old... Someone better invent that button to freeze time very quickly...

No comments: