Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tower Family Reunion 2012


This past weekend was spent at our first ever Tower Family Reunion! It was really neat to meet family members that I didn't even know I had, as well as hear stories about family members that I know. My kids got a glimpse of some of my fondest memories from childhood, too.

Our family is known for playing dominoes, therefore domino brownies were a must.




Probably the first time she'd slept in 16 hours...





We decided to have the reunion over Easter weekend so that everyone could travel on Friday, since it was a good 7 hour drive for us! We drove up on Friday, picked up Clarie from the airport in Dallas, and did the same thing on the way home on Sunday. It was soooo good to see my sister, even though it's only been 2 months since she moved to Arizona. We are super excited to make a trip up to see her this summer!
Evan and Grandma Clarice hunting Easter eggs

Evan enjoying his egg bounty

One of the cutest kids I've ever seen! Other than mine, of course. :)

The kids were pretty good during the whole trip, even through all of the driving. Aubrie had the hardest time, as she didn't sleep at all from 8am-midnight on Friday! She slept a little bit on my lap on Saturday at the reunion, and an hour on the way home on Sunday... and that was it! It's been tough getting back on a normal schedule since getting home, but I think we're getting there. I think the trip this past weekend, plus maybe some growing pains, have kept Aubrie in a pretty bad mood since yesterday. She was not very good/happy at MDO today, either. I'm hoping that she starts acting better, QUICKLY! Tylenol worked yesterday...


I have so many good memories of these people and this place.




Finally, Evan had us cracking up all weekend with funny things that he would say! Enjoy:

-----
Evan: I'm still hungry. Can I have another hot dog?
Me: You can have Aubrie's since she's not eating.
Clarie: That one has your name all over it!
Evan: (stares at the hot dog for about two minutes, turning it around and studying it...)
"I don't see my name..."
Me: I think Aunt Clarie was pulling your leg.
Evan: (stares down at his leg and looks at me like I'm crazy)
-----
(While hunting Easter eggs with the cousins)
Evan: What's that?
Man: a crawded hole
Evan: no, that's an ant pile.
Man: no, that's a crawded hole.
Evan: NO. That's an ant pile.
Chris: Man, he's persistent like his Mama!
Evan: My Mommy's not crazy...
-----
(before bedtime)
Me: Evan, I want you to go potty before bedtime so that we don't wake Aubrie up when we all go to sleep, please.
Evan: But I don't have to go potty.
Me: Just go sit on the potty. I promise that something will happen.
(after going potty)
Evan: Mommy, you were right and I was wrong.
-----
(while watching his Daddy go potty...)
Evan: Daddy, when will my weewee be as big as yours?
Enough said...









No comments: