Monday, May 9, 2011

Evan Turns 3!!

Oh. My. Goodness. My little boy is 3!

Evan has gotten so big over the past year. It's crazy to look back at pictures from his second birthday and to see how much he has changed. He talks so much clearer than a year ago, and it often feels like I'm talking to a "real" little kid, rather than a baby or toddler.

He LOVES to pretend with his toys now, and comes up with such funny stories! It's so cute to watch him weave stories together from what he is learning and put it all together. For example, while playing with an Iron Man toy he got for his birthday, he uses phrases from Buzz Lightyear, makes him sit with other toys at a picnic breakfast, etc, all within about 5 minutes. I love his imagination!

He's been going through phases where he only wants "Mommy." He even told Chris, "but I don't love you!" Chris is better than me, because it didn't even phase him! I would've been balling. But Chris just knew that he didn't mean it, which of course he didn't. He'll tell me, "But Mommy, you're my friend." These phases last for a few days at a time, and then he's back to his normal easy-going self. He amazes me because just when I think he's going to throw a fit, he'll just look at me and say, "ok." Love him to pieces. Every. Single. Piece. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it, good and bad, because I'm noticing that it all goes by so fast. I'm going to enjoy the fact that he cries for me to hold him because he misses me, not be frustrated that it's something else I have to "deal with." He may not be doing that in the near future...

I'm trying to think of everything I can about him so that I can write it down and not forget. He's just such a sweet little boy, and he makes my heart melt. It hits me every time I see him that he's turning into a big kid, and I have mixed feelings about that. I always wanted to have a son so that I could watch him grow into a good, strong, handsome, smart young man. Now that Evan is getting older, I can actually start to see him turning into that person, and I love every minute of it.

(I have pictures from his 2nd birthday on our external hard drive, so I will go through those photos and post them very soon).

No comments: