Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

What a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I woke up to Chris saying, "Don't worry about the kids; just get dressed and I'll get everything ready for church." I couldn't help myself, and kept trying to help get things ready to go. It's hard to break the habit. :)

It was also Evan's 3rd birthday yesterday, so we decided to let him open his birthday present before we left for church. We got him a cool basketball hoop. His cousin Aiden has the same hoop, and Evan LOVES it! Although, he doesn't quite understand that you're supposed to try and shoot the basketball in the hoop all the time. So far, his favorite part of the hoop is to knock it over...

After Evan opened his present, we rushed to get in the car and head to church. After church, we ate lunch at Doneraki mexican restaurant, and it was good! We met Mama D, Nick, Alia, & Aiden, Bobby & Allison, Clay & Amanda, and my Mom near the Gulfgate Mall. It was a great lunch with several surprises; one of which was my brother announcing that he and Amanda were going to have a baby! They are due on December 19th! It's been one year since they had a miscarriage, so we are very excited about this little baby!

After lunch, we went back home where the kids played and Chris gave me a foot rub. I could get used to this Mother's Day stuff! It was a great Mother's Day!

(no pictures since our camera is still out, and I don't know how to put pics from my phone on the computer...).

No comments: