Monday, May 9, 2011

We Have A Walker!

Aubrie took her first steps today!! Chris and I were standing in the kitchen, and Chris got Aubrie to stand up on her own next to him. She took one step towards the island before she grabbed it to hold on. We were so excited that we made kind of a loud noise, and she got scared and cried for like 5 minutes! Then we decided to let her try it again. She is a quick learner because she took several more steps the second and third time we stood her up. She laughed each time she fell backwards, so cute!

Evan was around 15 months when he started to walk, so it looks like Aubrie beat him by just a few days! She'll be 15 months in 4 days. It also took Evan about a month to really get the hang of it after he took his first steps, but I bet Aubrie catches on within a few weeks. I only say that because of their personalities; Evan is more laid back, while Aubrie is a hands-on go-getter type. She'll want to walk quickly so that she can chase her brother and cousin around!

(I have a video, but it's on my phone, and I have to figure out how to get it on the computer. Check FB if you want to see it!).

No comments: