Thursday, July 4, 2013

Camping

We bought a very cool pop-up camper from our good friends Chuck and Lynne about 6 months ago, and we were finally able to use it a few weeks ago!!! We went with Nick and Alia's family, Chuck, Lynne, and their son Reagan to a place in Trinity, Tx. It was so much fun that the kids wanted to stay a few days longer, and were very sad when we had to pack up and go home.




Nick and Alia's family stayed in a cabin, which were the best cabins I've ever seen! They were so much nicer than the cabins we used to stay in when I was younger. I mean, they had air conditioning and bunk beds, how cool is that?! I was a little bit nervous about sleeping in our camper with the kids, and myself being 7 months pregnant, but it wasn't bad at all! I don't think I could have done it any longer than the two nights we stayed there, but it was definitely better than I was expecting. I'm sure that the kids enjoyed it, and I hope that they have as fond of memories of our camper as I do of the one we grew up with.




One of my favorite things about camping is breakfast. Food just seems so much better when you're camping! Between coffee, eggs, bacon, and crazy souped-up cream cheese cinnamon rolls, it was amazing. Seriously, my Dad always makes these cinnamon rolls where you take store-bought rolls, cut them in half, and fry them in butter like you would a grilled-cheese sandwich. Alia took it up a notch and used cream cheese rolls, fried them in bacon grease, and added a slice of provolone cheese in between.... Uh-mazing.

























Between eating, playing, and swimming, the kids had a blast together. Any time my kiddos get to see Aiden and Brynley they're happy campers. :) Their favorite camping activity was most definitely swimming. I was very proud of both kiddos as they were very comfortable with their floaties on. We're still trying to teach Evan the basics of swimming, just in case he falls in without his floaties on, but it's a work in progress. At least he's not afraid of the water anymore.























Although, it won't happen again this summer while I'm pregnant, we can't wait to go camping again!!!!!!

No comments: