Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter 2011

Wow, it has been a great Easter this year! It was so nice to have Chris home for a 3 day weekend so we could spend some great quality time together as a family. It makes me very ready for summer vacation!

Friday:
Chris was home, and we all got to sleep in! Chris, Evan and I, all slept in until about 8:30 (no, Evan does not sleep in our bed). And Aubrie slept until 10:00AM!!!!! She has definitely been busy growing this week, as well as teething. I'm glad all of that is behind us for a little while, sheesh. Then we all headed over to Matheson Park in Tomball for our normal Friday church playdate. It was great having Chris there with us, and Alia was even able to bring Aiden! Good times.

Saturday:
After we all woke up, we made Resurrection Rolls together. Evan loved being able to help us make breakfast, and he was really into learning about Jesus and his resurrection. At one point he held up the marshmallow and asked me, "Is this our Heavenly Father?" So cute! The rolls tasted yummy, too! Then we all hopped in the car to rum some errands. I ran into Carter's Outlet store to look for some Easter clothes for the kiddos, then we ran into Old Navy for a fantastic sale (spent $157 for $345 worth of clothes!), and then over to the Woodlands Mall where we ate lunch and then let the kids play in the indoor playground (which the LOVED!). Then we came home and the kids went to sleep. Both kids did really well while we were out, and especially Aubrie who missed her morning nap while we were out shopping. She did only sleep for an hour, though, once we came back home... Later that evening, Chris and I watched the Passion of the Christ after the kids went to sleep. It is always hard to watch, but it does a really good job of reminding me of what's important in life, and what it took for all of us to have eternal life. It was even harder for me to watch since having children. First, because I empathized with Mary, secondly because I realize what it took for God to watch his own son go through that, and thirdly how much God loves me just as I love my own children. I found myself being nauseous from watching what he went through, but then rooting him on as I saw Satan in the shadows. Knowing that he was almost finished with his task and what would happen to Satan was powerful for me to think about.

Sunday:
We had to be up early to make it to the church earlier than normal for extra worship rehearsal, but there was only one service, so we were finished by 11am. Then we headed over to Nick & Alia's house for Easter lunch, and an egg hunt. It was such a relaxing day. The kids had a great time, and ate a TON of candy! They'll be on a sugar high for a week!

All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend together as a family! (Pictures to come once I figure out how to download them from our phones, and get some from Nick & Alia's camera; we still don't have one because of the sand incident at the beach.)

No comments: