Monday, June 10, 2013

Picking Strawberries... Sort of

April 27, 2013

I'd heard of a small farm near our new house that I wanted to try out and take the kids to pick strawberries. I love having that near my Mom's house, and I thought it'd be neat to go to this place if it was nice. I love the idea of having a farm close by to use for canning vegetables and making homemade jellies and jams for our home. Well, that dream was squashed as I tried to take the kids by myself one day to pick strawberries.

Everything started out well, but I (and the kids) were ready to go about 30 minutes into our trip. Between being scared of bugs, complaining about the heat, and complaining about who had more strawberries in their bucket (which I was filling, by the way, since they were complaining so much), they kept me busy!






I dropped them off at home, told Chris to let them play quietly in different areas of the house, and I went to the plant store by myself for 30 minutes to cool off. I came home with some pretty flowers for our house, and we all just cooled off together.

I did get enough strawberries to make my first batch of homemade strawberry jam by myself!




No comments: