Monday, June 10, 2013

What's In A Name?

I mean, really. Why can't we just come up with a name for this new little one?! It's so hard!

Here is a list of names that we've contemplated for our new addition:

Lia, or Leah
Catherine (Kate)
Elena
Madeline
Heather
Anna

Ok, some of these have been a no from Chris from the beginning, but I like them. :) I'm pretty sure we've come up with a name for our baby girl, though! It's been a long road, and we're still trying it out, but I think her name is going to be Elise Carol! Since we've exhausted family names, we could pretty much go with any name we wanted, which made it extra hard! I remember my Dad saying that he liked the name Elizabeth, though. We didn't want to name her something that common, though, and we found that Elise is a form of Elizabeth. That way we can honor my Dad's pick for a name, but also put our own unique spin on it. I think it is the perfect name. We can call her Elise, or Ellie, or Lissy... All super cute, and I think it fits our family well.

The first time we tried the name out with our kiddos, they both gave it a sour face. They are still not convinced that is her name. Evan thinks that she will come out with a collar around her neck telling us what her name will be! The kids' alternative to Elise is "Faubrie" or "Scooby Doo," so Chris and I are pulling executive naming power and going with our pick instead. :)

No comments: