Friday, July 15, 2011

SLC, Day 3

Oh my, I didn't write anything down last night, and I already hope that I can remember everything!

The morning started early for everyone; Evan woke at 7am, and Aubrie at 6:40am. So we went up for breakfast where everyone else was already up, too. After breakfast, the boys started helping Bud clean out his garage, and took several loads of stuff to be donated over several hours. The grown ups and kids stayed in the back yard for for a long while. The kids played in the water table, and we even had the best picnic outside. Aubrie was being a little pill (love you, princess, when you read this one day, but you were!), and it took her a while to fall asleep. I was kind of stressed out after listening to her cry so hard that she almost choked herself for almost 20 minutes. So, it was very nice to finally get her to sleep and to enjoy some time outside in the beautiful weather.

After the boys got back, Alia and I ran some errands for Aiden's birthday party. I can't believe that he is already 2 years old! He's such a fun, sweet little boy!

Later in the afternoon, we ate some amazing taco salad that Joy made. She found the recipe on AllRecipes.com, which is amazing. Then we made our way to the Gateway Mall area, where we listened to a country music group, and the kids played in a really cool water fountain. It was so much fun watching the kids dance to the music and run around together! I'm so glad and thankful that we were given this opportunity to be here and see everyone together.

We were all pretty tired by this point, and were all happy to head home and hit the sack. Aubrie was back to her sweet self last night, and was all cuddles and kisses when we put her down for bed. Evan blew me kisses as I went up the stairs. I love moments like those, it sure does make being a mommy much easier!

(pictures coming later after they are downloaded).

No comments: