Sunday, July 10, 2011

Waiting on God

I have a very hard time being patient. I have a plan in my head, try to be proactive about getting things ready, and I don't often take the time to enjoy the moments around me. I'm always thinking about the next "thing" that needs to be done, and planning my life in terms of when I want things to happen.

My latest "plan" has included when to sell our home. Many of you who know my family, know that we have been trying on and off for several years to sell our home. We are anxious to leave this subdivision and find a real neighborhood for our family to grow up in. I have learned the hard way that it is not my planning that will get us into the house of our dreams, but that it is God's timing and will that we need to be listening to.

I read something this morning that refreshed me, and reminded me that I need to be patient. And happy with what I have.

Isaiah 40:28-31:

“Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.”

Thank you, Lord, for your everlasting patience. I know that I must frustrate you with my planning, but I thank you for your ultimate power and strength to guide people like me.

No comments: